Please see the rules below. Any questions please contact one of the committee or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Soar Valley Riding Club Rules
1. The club shall be known as Soar Valley Riding Club.
2. The committee will consist of not less than 7 members, plus the Chairperson.
3. The judge’s decision is final. Rudeness towards judges will not be tolerated. Objections must be lodged within 30 minutes of the event; accompanied with £20. The objection will be dealt with by the committee at their earliest convenience. Should the objection be overruled the £20 will go to club funds.
4. The committee has the right to refuse membership.
5. Members must compete at a minimum of three shows to be eligible for points towards the End of Season Trophies.
6. The club will not tolerate bad language, cruelty to animals, mischievous conduct etc. Any party concerned will be told to leave.
7. All competitors ride at their own risk. The committee and club accept no responsibility for damage or injury to horses, vehicles and personal property.
8. The committee STRONGLY recommends that all members and competitors hold valid 3rd party insurance.
9. Horses/Ponies MUST NOT be left unaccompanied tethered to a trailer/box.
10. Members ages will be as of 1st January.
11. Any member giving a false age or trying to deceive an age group will be dealt with by the committee.
12. Horse/Pony age will be as of the 1st January in the current year. Please ask if you are unsure. NO Horse/Pony under the ageof 4 years to be ridden on the showground.
13. All mounted riders must wear fastened hard hats conforming to PAS 015:1998; EN1384:1996 and VGI 01.040 (2014-12) and carry the British Kite Mark together with correct footwear whilst on the field.
14. Cantering or Galloping will only be allowed in the designated warm-up rings. It is NOT permitted outside the rings.
15. Dogs must be kept on leads at all times.
16. The committee reserves the right to cancel, amend or withdraw an event at any time.
17. Members must produce a valid membership card to enter each class, otherwise the member will be charged at the non-members rate.
18. ALL riders or competitors must have their shoulders covered at all times when on the showground.
19. Lead Rein riders aged 9 years & Under must be mounted on a suitabel height pony - Committee authorised.
20. Well behaved stallions and colts are welcome on the showground. For Inhand classes they must be bitted from 2 years and handled by competitors 14 years and over. Riders must be 14 years and over except for small breeds where they can be 12 years and over.
21. Any competitor withdrawing from a class WILL NOT be refunded their entrance fee other than in extreme circumstance i.e. illness of horse/pony or rider. A vouceher may be offered.
Inhand & Ridden Showing Rules
1. No Outside interference.
2. Young handlers under 14 years must be capable of controlling ponies. All ponies must be 4 years or over.
3. No colts or stallions in Young Handler classes.
4. All competitors 14 years and under must wear the appropriate hard hats whilst handling horses/ponies in the ring.
5. Stallions and colts are welcome in other classes. However, for in-hand classes, they must be bitted from 2 years and handled by competitors 14years and over. Riders must be 14 years and over except for small breeds where they can be 12 years and over.
6. Riding Club horse/pony shall be judged on the performance of the horse/pony, its manners, suitability, action and conformation. There will be one fence 2'0" max for ponies and 2'6" max for horses.
7. Spurs are NOT allowed in any ridden M & M or Junior classes.
8. All mounted riders must wear fastened hard hats conforming to PAS 015:1998; EN1384:1996 and VGI 01.040 (2014-12) and carry the British Kite Mark together with correct footwear whilst on the field.
Working Hunter Rules
1. Boots and martinglaes are permitted. Boots must be removed for the showing element.
2. NO other change of tack will be permitted.
3. All mounted riders must wear fastened hard hats conforming to PAS 015:1998; EN1384:1996 and VGI 01.040 (2014-12) and carry the British Kite Mark together with correct footwear whilst on the field.
1. All mounted riders must wear fastened hard hats conforming to PAS 015:1998; EN1384:1996 and VGI 01.040 (2014-12) and carry the British Kite Mark together with correct footwear whilst on the field.
2. Correct footwear and jackets must be worn.
3. The committee reserves the right to refuse entry if a horse or pony is, in their opinion, unfit.
4. Whips and appropriate, correctly fitted spurs may be used.
5. Lead-rein competitors will only be eligible for Lead-rein jumping.
6. A stop and rein back after the bell will be given 4 faults.
7. All placings will be decided by timing as jumping is 2 phase.
8. If a horse or pony leaves the ring before the round is finished they will be eliminated.
N.B We will be following BSJA guidelines as set in the current BSJA rule book, however, novice riders will be allowed to complete the course.
All dressage classes will adher to British Dressage Rules. Details are in the British Dressage Handbook available from their website : www.britishdressage.co.uk
Would competitors please note that if you enter a class non-competitive you will have to compete non-competitive in any other classes you enter in that ring. This will apply to all disciplines.
Please see the Schedules, Dates & Forms page for more info on any SVRC events.
19th April : Club Show
3rd May : Club Show
24th May : Club Show - Double Points
May : Evening Dressage
21st June : Club Show
June : Evening Dressage
5th July : Club Show
July : Evening Dressage
9th August : Club Show - Double Points
August : Evening Dressage
6th September : Club Show
Help is ALWAYS needed at the club.
If you would like to lend a hand either on a Work Day or at a show please contact a member of the Committee